RCMP investigate large theft 0
RCMP are investigating a number of property crimes including a major theft in the R.M. of Dufferin.
The Carman Area RCMP were called July 31 about a break-in and theft from a property near Graysville.
Stolen from a construction trailer parked on the property were tools valued at about $20,000. The tools were stolen from shelves in the trailer and included various power tools which included brand names such as Dewalt, Hitachi, Stihl, Bosch and Milwaukee.
Photographs of the crime scene were taken and area residents were questioned, but it remains under investigation.
And RCMP were then called August 1 about a stolen motorcycle from a machine shed in the RM of Thompson. The motorcycle is a brown 2007 Honda Trx500FE.
RCMP also reported on other incidents in the Altona, Morden and Carman detachments during the week of July 30 to August 6.
On August 4, RCMP received a complaint of mischief from a property owner in the village of Hochfeld. RCMP were told there was writing on the front living room window.
Also on August 4, RCMP were called about vandalism to the rink at the Osterwick Community Center. Two boards were knocked down and missing from the outside rink. It appeared a smaller vehicle had driven with considerable speed inside of the grassy area of the rink, leaving spin marks.
- Total calls - 60
- Break and Enter - 2
- Other Criminal Code offences - 15 (person crimes, driving, mischief and theft)
- Federal statutes - 1 (Controlled Drug and Substances Act, Aeronautics Act, immigration and passport etc.)
- Provincial statutes - 19 (Highway Traffic Act, Mental Health Act, Fire Prevention Act, Coroners Act, 911, Liquor Control Act etc.)
- Common activities - 22 (alarms, suspicious personsor vehicles, assist public and other agencies)
- Traffic collisions - 1; traffic violations - 1