Southern Health RHA released their new logo in December, 2012. The logo includes colours to promote service, trust and integrity, and also represent the Red River which runs through the middle of the new RHA which was formed from Central RHA and Eastman Health RHA. (SUPPLIED PHOTO)
The province has approved more than 120 projects across the province with funding totalling close to $30 million and Southern Health will see 22 of those projects.
“It’s important that we regularly invest in the maintenance of our health-care system to make sure repairs are done and the most up-to-date equipment is used to support quality care,” Health, Seniors and Active Living Minister Kelvin Goertzen said. “These investments will ensure that sites continue to meet provincial, national and international standards and keep facilities in good repair.”
Safety and security projects do not require a community contribution. Project requests are submitted each year by the regional health authorities, CancerCare Manitoba, Diagnostic Services Manitoba, and the Addictions Foundation.
This year, there are 44 projects estimated to cost more than $150,000 each for a total of $21.8 million. An additional $6.8 million will address 80 projects estimated to cost less than $150,000. The remaining $1.4 million will be held in reserve in case of any emergent project needs.
Souther Health projects estimated to cost more than $150,000 include:
• sprinkler system installation at Third Crossing Manor (Gladstone)
• sprinkler system installation at Gladstone Health Centre
• kitchen renovation at MacGregor Health Centre
• boiler replacement at Portage District General Hospital
• fire alarm replacement at Lions Prairie Manor (Portage)
• sprinkler system installation at St. Claude Health Centre
• attic ventilation ductwork and insulation upgrades at Ste. Anne Hospital.
• roof replacement at Bethesda Regional Health Centre (Steinbach)
• dining room heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) upgrades, and a building controls system upgrade at Rest Haven Nursing Home (Steinbach)
• crawlspace mechanical and cast drain line replacement at Boundary Trails Health Centre (Winkler-Morden)
Southern Health projects estimated to cost less than $150,000 include:
• patient wandering security system replacement at Boyne Lodge (Carman)
• nurse call system replacement at Rock Lake Hospital (Crystal City)
• sewer line replacement at Third Crossing Manor (Gladstone)
• phase two of a roof replacement at Gladstone Health Centre
• domestic hot water boiler replacement at Red River Valley Lodge (Morris)
• vehicle exhaust capture installation at Oak Bluff EMS Station
• roof replacement at Lions Prairie Manor (Portage)
• air conditioning compressor unit and well water pump replacement at Villa Youville (Ste. Anne)
• electrical transformer replacement, lab and phlebotomy cooling system upgrades and an infant abduction system installation at Bethesda Health Centre (Steinbach)
• flooring replacement in the dining hall and main public areas at Rest Haven Nursing Home (Steinbach)
• air conditioning replacement, emergency generator room modifications/transfer switch work and mould remediation in two mechanical rooms at Vita and District Health Centre
• card access system upgrades, chiller compressor replacement and a nurse call and security system upgrades at Boundary Trails Health Centre (Winkler -Morden).